Monday, October 13, 2008

Warez-SL no more!

A forum dedicated to IT related stuff, Warez-SL.com has been taken down. An email sent by the super admin of the site goes as follows.

"guys I know when you see this message how much you hurt your selves. But they already banned our site.I really tried to save the web.But i couldn't. I cant even access my back ups. they will not allows to access those areas. My final word is thank you very much for your contributions and you gave me 100% support. please don't scold at me.000webhost blacklisting warez sites. finally I will not create any sites.I will not come online for few days coz i can't answer them.few guys already raised mails saying site not working..How could i answer them.So guys thanks again for the support."

This is very unfortunate, as the site contained a good set of links to various software. But I feel even more for the Super admin. He seems to be totally heart broken. I don't know but, maybe this is the first time something like this happened to a Sri Lankan site? Who's next? FileNetworks, you better watch out!

3 comments:

anojonline said...

yeah guys, iz no more!!!Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Lightning_Struck_Tower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lightning_Struck_Tower said...

That's too bad. I only registered there yesterday. All i can say to the admins is that don't get discouraged by a single ban.

Our first attempt at filenetworks blog got banned within 3 months. This was largely due to our fault; we were dumb assess and did a few things we regret doing even today.

The point is that a ban is never the end of the road. The more you get experience the harder it is to take you down. Perhaps we may get banned tomorrow but that would be the start of another new project. That's the spirit you need to have if you are running something like a warez forum.